Addams Family Flipper problem

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• Addams Family Flipper problem

Taf has been working great. Turned on yesterday and the flippers will not work. They energize during the part of the music and work fine but other than that nothing happens when you push the buttons.
    Could it be the fliptronic board?????
    Thanks for any help
    vivagolf
  • Strange problem.
    I'd found something on Marvin' page which sounds similar:

On fliptronics (before WPC-95) games, there can be a very rare and unusual problem with the fliptronics board. There is +50 volts power at the flipper coils (and the coils & diodes are good), but flipper switches just don't seem to work. This can be caused by a failed flipper switch input chip at location U5 (74HCT244) and U2 (74HCT374) on the fliptronics board.

Welcome on board. This thread was taken to the right place and confirmation-mail was sent out.

Mario
    Nicht genutzte Intelligenz ist im Ergebnis genauso wie nicht vorhandene Intelligenz
  • Thanks guys for your replies. This will give me something to do tomorrow.
    I have been on alot of forums but, without a doubt, this is the best.
    Looking forward to participating more
    vivagolf
  • >> I have been on alot of forums but, without a doubt, this is the best.

Don't tell the rgp guys this:) It#s mostly a German forum now but we always look forward to change this and make it more international

FRG
    Technische- und Reparaturanfragen per pm ohne vorherigen Forumsthread werden nicht beantwortet.
  • Addams Family Flipper problem

Hello again,
    Well I have replaced the fliptronic board and still no flippers. As I stated before, they do energize when the music hits the certain part so they are all working but cannot energize with the buttons.
    The only thing I did before this happened is remove the coin door to have repainted and installed it back. Everything on the door works. Could it be something in the board that the door plugs into that's causing the problem?
    Thanks,
    Larry
  • On a regular Addams Family the Coindoor does not interrupt the solenoid voltage - only on a TAF GOLD.
    So it must have somtehing to do with the button cabling - you probably removed some part of it.
    Did you check the cables in the button connectors?
    They come from the backbox to the left button and then pass over to the right one.
    So I expect a problem on the left which is close to the coindoor harness!

Thoroughly investigate that area

Martin
    Live Long and Prosper
  • I would say you lost the ground connection to Pin 6 J806 on the Fliptronics board. TAF doesn't use optos for the buttons so it's just a simple switch in the cabinet. According to the manual it's the orange wire on the switches. It should be connected to ground all the time. Should be easy to measure or just connect a short cable going from the silver ground braid in the cabinet to the lug on the flipper switch with the orange cable. if the switches work with this quick fix check the J806 connector housing. The .100 IDC connectors are junk.

If the ground connection is fine it might also be a bad ASIC CPU socket or the flat cable going to the CPU. If you have a spare it might be worth to swap it in.

FRG
    Technische- und Reparaturanfragen per pm ohne vorherigen Forumsthread werden nicht beantwortet.
  • Thanks Martin,
    I have been checking and no one close to me. I did replace the fliptronics board with a new one but that didn't correct the problem. Which board should I try next????
    Again, thanks
  • @ viagolf!

Have you checked the switches in the switchtest??
    I can´t read in all your written lines that you have tested them.

Christoph
    Meine Pins: Capersville, Fathom, Firepower II, LotR, 2x Star Trip Cocktail, Beat the Clock, LW3, MM, RS, TAF, Vegas, JP DE, Big Guns, White Water, Raven, Monte Carlo, RoboWar, Star Wars DE, Space Station, Lucky 7, PotO, Elvis, Indy WMS, Arena, ...
  • Well, I finally got back to the machine. Checked the ground like Frg mentioned and the flippers do work when I use a seperate grond wire to the orange wire on the flipper switch. I checked the housing on the J806 and it seems fine. Anywhere else to go.
    Thanks again
    Larry
  • Well, thanks to everyone for the help on the problem I had with the flippers. I finally found the problem and fixed it. It was the orange ground wire that was broken on J805. Put on a new molex connector and terminal ends and it fixed the problem.
    Thanks again for all your help.
    Larry