Fish Tales

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• When I first started out in the Pinball hobby, I was scared to death to even remove the glass. I would never imagine that I would have the courage to attempt playfield touchups.

Here is a FT that came in mid-summer screaming for some help. As you will notice in the pics, Im some form of color blind in the blue areas as those stick out the most. The other colors are spot on though.
    You will notice the fish inserts by the Tale Told are different, Thats what boredom, a phone and me holding a razor blade will do as once you peel up that tiny loose chip, you cant stop. LOL. All is good though as you have to remove all of the loose and lifting paint before you can start to lay down colors
    Bilder
    • pdr24.jpg

99,95 kB, 800×600, 184 mal angesehen
    • OldPDR_0004.jpg

72,73 kB, 800×600, 187 mal angesehen
    • OldPDR_0006.jpg

43,64 kB, 800×600, 179 mal angesehen
  • RE: Fish Tales

Now for some of the touchup work. There are NO insert decals on this playfield, as its all hand painted using acrylics then sealed with a DuPont clearcoat
    Bilder
    • PDR_0002.jpg

75,32 kB, 800×600, 199 mal angesehen
    • PDR_0006.jpg

59,33 kB, 800×600, 182 mal angesehen
  • :en: Not exactly sure what the question is?, but I assume your asking how light is affected by using the acrylic. It is a translucent paint, rather than using the opaque witch does affect and block light. Here is what light looks like shining through the inserts.
    Bilder
    • PDR_0014.jpg

55,41 kB, 800×600, 161 mal angesehen
  • :en:Looks like a lot of work. How long does it take for you to finish such a playfield? I only have to fix a few easy spots on my PinBot playfield but choosing the right coclors alone is about to exceed my patience.
  • Its not as time consuming as you would think. Obviously the inserts take more care than the rest of the playfield. I have done over 50 pf's for myself, and other local collectors. And yes even a few Operators. (Imagine that!) My first 5 were the actual learning curve that I had to overcome. I have a graphics art background as I attended and graduated from the Art Institute of Pittsburgh.

I use an Iwata HB-BC air-brush when the need arises, but do my best with just my brush.

Mike
  • Benutzer online 1

1 Besucher