GoT Node 8 failed - excellent service by Pinball Universe

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• GoT Node 8 failed - excellent service by Pinball Universe

Hi,
    My GoT LE went fault last week :(
    I diagnosed the fault to be the Spike Node 8 pcb Which was not working (it would not re-initialise).
    Having sent this information and a few photographs to Pinball Universe they immediately sent me a new board (after checking that I knew how to fit it!).
    The new board arrived today so now have a fully functional GoT again :)
    Thanks guys !!!

People on other forums have also experienced Node 8 failure.
    The latest software update (1.26) includes "- Enabled coil power balancing/prioritization for node 8."
    Any connection perhaps???

Jim
  • The system is quite new so it's expected that there are glitches in the code. I think they are also now using ball grid array style chips on theses baords which is always a bad idea at these places under the field so it might just be that a solder joint broke somewhere due to vibration. But too early for final concusions about the system itself. Personally I will not touch a new Stern pin beause of these components.

FRG
    Technische- und Reparaturanfragen per pm ohne vorherigen Forumsthread werden nicht beantwortet.
  • Also I dont like the new LED only style of the Spike System. If they don't manage to let us dimm the LEDs to at least a normal incandescent bulb brightness setting I would not buy these PINs. Especially for my dark man cave it would make my eyes bleed (eg. GoT - Winter is coming Mode - blue flashes like hell).

I removed all post-installed LEDs from my Spider-man after I bought it HUO. They were flickering and I could not see the 2x score lighted lanes because on incandescent bulbs they were lighted dimmer than on 3x scoring enabled ones.

BTW: On another forum someone sold his GoT LE because of headache due to the LED flashing after about 100 games played!

PS: I wear blue blocking glasses (Gunnar gaming yellow tinted glasses) every day when sitting in front of my LED monitors. White LEDs have a much more retina destroying agressive blue in the colour spectrum than the warm light of incandescent bulbs. Blue light will destroy the retina when the macula pigment (a natural yellow spot in the eyball) is gone. Normally when you reach 35 to 45 years of age your macula pigment is gone. Ever seen old people with these dark orange sunglasses? !!!

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Macula_of_retina

keep your eyes safe folks!

:2c:
    Gearsen
    In play: Scared Stiff, Spider-Man Red, Black Rose, Grand Prix (Stern)
    Gone: Johnny Mnemonic :(
    My Twitch profile: https://www.twitch.tv/gearsen
  • Hmm, seems like from GoT Pro Manual that you can set Flashers and Backbox:

STANDARD ADJUSTMENTS:
    42 FLASH LAMP POWER NORMAL
    65 BACKBOX BRIGHTNESS 100%
    66 COIN DOOR OPEN B.BOX BRIGHTNESS 10%

Would be nice if it will be adjustable for GI and Inserts too.
    Kind of interesting. Could someone check this please?

Thanks!

Gearsen
  • Bummer. I think the only game so far where they got the leds somewhat right is Transformers LE. But with this one the Pro is still better because of bad additional useless features so I bought the Pro :)

I think leds have great potential but so far they seem to be mostly controlled like incandescent bulbs when it comes to brightness and dimming. Strobe effects are only cool when you do them for a short time like in AFM. I don't want to become blind during gameplay :)

FRG
    Technische- und Reparaturanfragen per pm ohne vorherigen Forumsthread werden nicht beantwortet.
  • Although this thread is more off the topic, here are a few pictures about colour spectrum and filtering with glasses:

Wave length humans are able to see

daylight ----------------------------- incandescent bulb

fluorescent light bulb ----- white light-emitting diode

This last one is a comparison of three different optical glasses.

The Gunnar Gaming is the best filter for the dangerous retina agressive blue.

Cheers
    Gearsen