Bye Bye Pinball Expo ?!

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• Bye Bye Pinball Expo ?!

Hallo Leute.

heute erreichte mich eine Mail von Mike Pacak die mich ein wenig traurig macht,
    Es wird in der Form wohl keine Expo mehr geben, da Mike Pacak und Rob Berk sich wohl 'getrennt' haben.
    Sehr schade. Mike will wohl weiter eine Show veranstalten, aber der Sympathieträger ist er auch gerade nicht,
    Mal sehen was Rob sagen wird.

Grüße
    Martin

Hier der Text von Mike:

To all past, present and future Pinball Expo vendors and attendees:

As many of you may have heard, Rob Berk and I have parted ways after 33 years of putting on the Pinball Expo. Rob decided that he no longer wanted to be a partner and chose to go his own separate way. This decision was completely of his own choosing and wasn't brought up for any type of discussion. Because of this change, I just wanted to clear up any confusion there may be on the status of the show. In our separation agreement we both have the right to do a show. There WILL be a pinball show taking place, as advertised in the past, at the Westin Hotel in Wheeling, IL on Oct 17-21, 2018. These dates were planned and set for two years already. Contrary to what you may have heard about this show, people are NOT "jumping ship." Many have already planned their vacations and booked their travel to Chicago for this. Contracts with the hotel are in place for both 2018 and 2019. All of the vendors and attendees I have spoken with so far have expressed their interest and commitment to continuing the show as planned. For those wondering if there will there be a change to the name of the show, there will be. The new name has yet to be determined but will be announced shortly. In light of the recent events, changes are in the works for those involved with organization of the show. My son Lonnie Mihin, who ran the game hall last year and who has been a part of the Pinball Expo since it's inception, is going to be taking on a greater role in the planning and execution of the show. I am also currently in talks with several other's who are interested in becoming a part of the show. A new website with more information detailing this will be available soon. The changes that are being implemented will ultimately help in achieving the goal of making a bigger, better and much smoother running show for everyone. In closing, I would like to thank you all for the many years of support that you have shown and I look forward to seeing you all in October.

Sincerely,

Mike Pacak
    Live Long and Prosper
  • Die mail kam gerade:

Dear Friends of Pinball Expo,
    At the conclusion of last year’s 33rd annual Pinball Expo, and with great consideration, I made the decision to dissolve my partnership with Mike Pacak. I felt the energy and vision that I had for the show was waning and that a change was needed for the survival of Pinball Expo. It took several months to work through the details, but I am happy to announce that in March I acquired full ownership, which means we are on schedule for the 34th annual Pinball Expo, to be held at the Westin in Wheeling, IL, from October 17-21, 2018.
    In the process of planning for a spectacular event, I have secured Dave Fix as the Vendor Hall Chairman, and Rob Craig who will manage our social media plus help us secure games for the free play area. Both have a passion for pinball and will be great additions to our staff!
    My mission now is to fill the Vendor Hall and Game Hall to their capacity. I want the energy and excitement for pinball to be at an all-time high! I am committed to giving each attendee, vendor, and speaker my time and effort so that Pinball Expo will be fun for everyone. I welcome your comments.
    I look forward to seeing friends, old and new, this October!

Rob Berk, Chairman and Founder
    brkpinball@gmail.com
    (330) 716-3139