Flipperversand in die USA ???

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• Flipperversand in die USA ???

Hat jemand Erfahrung mit dem Versand von Flippern in die USA? ?(

Also, es geht hier um einen Flipper, den ich einem alten Schulkameraden in die USA schicken möchte.

Da die Preise dort ja nicht zu bezahlen sind, möchte ich wissen, ob sich ein Versand überhaupt für ihn lohnt.
  • Im Prinzip kein Problem. Du solltest es per Luftfracht machen. Hier empfehle ich baxglobal. Auch als Privatkunde ist es da kein Problem. Besser ist allerding wenn Du ein Entré hast als Firmenkunde. Es kostet allerdings einige hundert Euro. Vergleiche die Preise door-to-door and airport-airport, wenn Du und der Freund nahe einem Airport wohnt wäre das ggf. kostensparend.
  • :en: The problem seems to be the act itself.

Is it worth to send an old machine to the states in face of the costs for shipping ? Or maybe it will be better to buy the (for the schoolfriend needed) machine directly in the states ?

@gravedigger

Welcher Flipper ?

Mario
    Nicht genutzte Intelligenz ist im Ergebnis genauso wie nicht vorhandene Intelligenz
  • :en: As Mario said it would depend on which pin you want to send. For a non rare EM or EE I wouldn't bother. I also wouldn't just use the cheapest shipper. Better find one who has some experience and can tell you how to pack and which forms you need to fill out. Don't forget to declare that the pin was once built in and exported from the US. From what I hear you friend doesn't need to pay any customs in this case.

And don't do this too often or we collectors would be very unhappy with you:)

Regards
    FRG
    Technische- und Reparaturanfragen per pm ohne vorherigen Forumsthread werden nicht beantwortet.
  • :en: That kind of depends on which machine you're sending!

Figure that it's going to cost roughly around $500 to get the machine here. You're not going to be able to buy much of a game in the USA for that amount (unfortunately). So, if you assume that you're sending your friend something worth sending ( :) ), then he will probably wind up ahead.

One other thing to consider is if your friend is able to accept such a shipment. Even though I own a SUV for hauling pins, it's not large enough to put a palletted game in the back. So when I've had games delivered in a full pallette, I have had to rent a trailer to take with to the shipping depot. Pretty much anything smaller than a Suburban is going to need some sort of trailer to handle the size.

(My vehicle is large enough that I can throw a fully boxed stern pinball machine in the back, though... thekorn.net/sharpshooters/ )

Hope that helps!
  • :en: >>Figure that it's going to cost roughly around $500 to get the machine here.

I would say via air close to $800. The Euro ist still quite high at around $1.20 for 1 Euro.

Don't' forget. Line cord needs to be changed, Transformer needs to be rejumpered, the MOV (varistor) at the line filter be changed to a 120V type, line fuse changed usually to 8A and either the cpu rejumpered for US operation and/or the Rom changed. No biggies but for someone who never did this before and doesn't watch tool time:) it might become costly if he needs to call a repair shop to do this.

FRG
    Technische- und Reparaturanfragen per pm ohne vorherigen Forumsthread werden nicht beantwortet.